The steps to enable Token Based Authentication (TBA) in your NetSuite account are typically done by your NetSuite Administrator. They may, however, choose to allow end users to create tokens on their own. If you are not an Admin and are an end user with permissions to create tokens skip to Step 2.
If you have already created your tokens learn how to log in using them in this article.
Prerequisites for TBA
- Token Based Authentication is enabled in your NetSuite account
Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features > SuiteCloud > Manage Authentication
Make sure “Token Based Authentication” is checked.
- A CloudExtend Excel for NetSuite Enterprise Edition subscription
- For use with CloudExtend Apps, users must have web services permissions enabled for their role.
Steps to Setup TBA access
Step 1: Add TBA permissions to the desired roles (or create new roles)
Decide if you will allow users to create their own tokens or if a user (such as Admin) will create tokens for the users.
For the role that will be ‘creating’ tokens (ie Admin or the user as decided above) be sure that the permission ‘User Access Tokens’ has been enabled.
For the role that will be using the tokens to sign in (typically a user) be sure that the permission ‘Log in using Access Tokens’ has been enabled.
Step 2: Create Access Tokens
This step may be performed by end users if they were granted the 'User Access Tokens' permissions above, otherwise a NetSuite Admin will need to create the tokens.
- Global search for page: tokens or navigate to Setup->Users/Roles->Access Tokens
- Select New Access Token
- Select the application (Celigo CloudExtend (Token-Based Auth)) the desired role, and accept the default name for the token name or supply your own then press save.
- IMPORTANT - Save the token ID and token secret on the next screen to a secure location as these need to be shared with each licensed user to be entered into the app and subsequently login.
Step 3: License Portal Configuration(done by portal admin)
The portal administrator now needs to enable Token Based Authentication by signing into the Admin portal at subscriptions.celigo.com (for more detailed information on the Admin portal see this article).
- Click on Manage Account to enable the login method for licensed users.
- Enable Token Based Authentication for your CloudExtend users by toggling the TBA switch to the On position. Note that you may also enable Basic Credentials.
Step 3: Distribute the tokens to licensed users
Now distribute the tokens created in Step # 2 to each individual user as well as your organization's NetSuite ID.
End users should subsequently follow the instructions for TBA login in this article,