Some customers do not have access to the Microsoft store. If you are unable to install our App from the Microsoft store you may follow the instructions here to install it (bypassing the store is called 'side loading').
Here are the steps to side load CloudExtend Excel Add-in on your Windows desktop
Step 1: Share a Folder
- On the Windows computer where you want to host your add-in, go to the parent folder, or drive letter, and create a folder there.
- Open the context menu for the newly created folder (right-click) and choose Properties.
- Open the Sharing tab.
- On the Choose people ... page, add yourself and and anyone else with whom you want to share your add-in. If they are all members of a security group, you can add the group. You will need at least Read/Write permission to the folder.
- Choose Share > Done > Close
Step 2: Specify the shared folder as a trusted catalog
- Open a new document in Excel
- Choose the File tab, and then choose Options.
- Choose Trust Center, and then choose the Trust Center Settings button.
- Choose Trusted Add-in Catalogs.
- In the Catalog Url box, enter the full network path to the shared folder catalog, and then choose Add Catalog.
- Select the Show in Menu check box, and then choose OK.
- Close the Office application so your changes will take effect
Step 3: Sideload your Add-in
- Put the manifest file of add-in (download from here) in the shared folder catalog.
- In Excel, select My Add-ins on the Insert tab of the ribbon.
- Choose SHARED FOLDER at the top of the Office Add-ins dialog box.
- Select the name of the add-in and choose OK to insert the add-in.