The following is applicable for CloudExtend Gmail & GSuite Enterprise Subscription:
Wondering why you occasionally see duplicate emails in NetSuite? It could be because of 2 reasons.
- If you’re using Celigo’s CloudExtend, it is due to the fact that CloudExtend attaches an Email to a maximum of 1 record. To attach to multiple records we need to create a duplicate message in NetSuite.
- If you have the setting in NetSuite "attach Gmail to parent company" checked off, duplicates will also be created. This is because you are attaching the email to the contact and the customer record.
Rather than remove the ability to attach to multiple records (which would eliminate the problem), we have kept the feature in the product so that you can make the best choice for your business needs.
If you don’t want to see the duplicates you have few options:
- Do not attach emails to multiple records of the same type
- Locate the record with the duplicate message and click ‘Remove’ from the far right menu options
- View emails from the Gmail tab, not the Communications tab. Note that a side benefit of this view is, it only shows messages attached by Celigo, a great way to filter.