When dealing with an item receipt with many lines working in Excel can be over 50% faster than the NetSuite UI.
Read below and/or watch this video to learn how to receive items via Excel.
Create and Load Purchase Order and Item Receipt templates
The key to creating Item Receipts is to ensure that you are able to reference the line(s) from your Purchase Order that you want to receive. Since line numbers may change we recommend that you load your original PO into CloudExtend for easy reference. In a separate tab, load an Item Receipt template.
Purchase ORder Template With Data For Reference
Item Receipt Template Ready To Be Populated
Once your templates are loaded you can retrieve the Purchase Orders you want to receive using a data filter, saved search, or refresh action.
Next, copy and paste (or use a formula) the following fields from your Purchase Order to your Item Receipt template.
- 'Tran ID' -> 'Created From'
- 'Item List: Line' -> 'Item List: Order Line'
- 'Item List: Quantity' -> 'Item List: Quantity' (adjust quantity received if necessary)
- "Item List: Replace All": Set this to False if you are not receiving the entire Order. If the entire order is being received all lines from the Purchase Order are required.
- Optionally, add location and custom fields if required.
Once your data is ready, select the rows you want to receive in the Item Receipt template and click the Update Action and then again the blue 'Update' icon. Be sure 'all rows' is not checked unless you are receiving all rows.