WARNING - This article is intended for NetSuite Admins to help understand how to bulk import Google Drive files and associate them with NetSuite records. It is not meant to replace the everyday interaction users have within the NetSuite and CloudExtend UI.
See this video and instructions below to get started.
New CloudExtend users may desire to integrate files that already exist in their Google Drive. In order to add Drive files to NetSuite Admins whose organizations license CloudExtend G Suite (with Google Drive) will need to add data to two custom CloudExtend records (the records themselves are pre installed as part of the CloudExtend bundle).
- Celigo Google Doc
This record is populated with data specific to the files you will be uploading. Once this data is entered into NetSuite you will 'associate' these files with NetSuite records.
- Celigo Google Doc Associations.
This record is used to associate the files uploaded into the Celigo Google Doc custom record with the desired NetSuite records.
Celigo Google Doc
- Resource ID | The unique name of the file as it exists in Google Drive. This is typically an element of the URL.
- Title | This is the name of the document that will be displayed once uploaded to NetSuite. While not required, most users will want to use the name of the Google Doc.
- Size(Bytes) | can be left empty for initial upsert
- Type | Type is used only to display the logo (sheet, doc, etc.) and is not a required field. A list of valid MIME types from Google can be found here.
Popular examples include:
- application/vnd.google-apps.document (Google Docs)
- application/vnd.google-apps.spreadsheet (Google Sheets)
- application/vnd.google-apps.presentation (Google Slides)
- Owner | the email address of the document owner
- Kind | this will always be set to 'file' (no quotes)
- Owner Name | The name of the document owner, typically fname lname (ie John Doe)
- Is Deleted | not applicable for uploads
Celigo Google Doc Association
- Google Doc | The NetSuite internalID of the document that was uploaded to the Celigo Google Doc custom record
- NS Record Type | The name of the NetSuite Record type, ie customer, vendor, contact, etc.
- NS Record id | the internalID of the NetSuite record to associate the document with. For example, if the record type was customer enter the internalID of the customer record to associate it with.
Please watch the video above to see a more detailed example.