When fulfilling Sales Orders with many lines working in Excel can be over 50% faster than native options.
Read below and/or watch this video to learn how to fulfill orders with CloudExtend Excel.
If you will be performing partial fulfillments you will need to include every line on the original Sales Order and set the quantity fulfilled to zero for those not being fulfilled.
To AVOID this and only add the lines being fulfilled NetSuite has a setting that can be changed. Set "Default Items To Zero Received/Fulfilled" (Setup->Accounting->Accounting Preferences->Order Management.
Setting Default Items to Zero Received/Fulfilled allows you to avoid having to load the entire Sales Order into the fulfillment template. With this feature you can easily perform partial fulfillments.
Create and Load Sales Order and Item Fulfillment Templates
The key to creating Item Fulfillments is to ensure that you are able to reference the line(s) from your Sales Order that you want to receive. Since line numbers may change we recommend that you load your original Sales Order into CloudExtend for easy reference. In a separate tab, load an Item Fulfillment template.
Sales Orders Template With Data For Reference
Item Fulfillment Template Ready For Upload
Once your templates are loaded you can retrieve the Sales Orders you want to fulfill using a data filter, saved search, or refresh action.
Next, copy and paste (or use a formula) the following fields from your Sales Order to your Item Fulfillment template.
- 'Tran ID' -> 'Created From' (as you enter CloudExtend will validate)
- 'Item List: Line' -> 'Item List: Order Line'
- 'Item List: Quantity' -> 'Item List: Quantity' (adjust quantity fulfilled if necessary)
- "Item List: Replace All": Set this to False if you are not fulfilling the entire Order. If the entire order is being fulfilled all lines from the Sales Order are required.
- Optionally, add location and custom fields if required.
Once your data is ready use the update action to create your fulfillment in NetSuite.