CloudExtend relies on an active NetSuite session being open in another browser tab. Recently, Google has been making a number of changes to Chrome which cause this session not to be found and a message similar to below is displayed (Checking for NetSuite Session).
To resolve this issue please try the steps below starting with # 1.
Note, if you're an admin and want to enable this setting for all users see here.
 RETRY LOGIN IN NEW BROWSER TAB
This will open a new browser tab and force the user to login to NetSuite again, thus ensuring there is an active session. Once the sessions is established refresh the Gmail page.
If above does not resolve the issue continue with below.
 FIX COOKIE ISSUES FOR CHROME
A subset of users on Chrome have been affected by modifications to the way Chrome handles cookies and are receiving the error below even if they are actively logged into NetSuite in a different tab.
Watch this video or read below for full details.
- Logout of any open NetSuite sessions
- Open a new tab in your Google Chrome and enter chrome://flags/ in the address bar. If you are using Edge's chromium browser enter edge://flags/
- Search for “SameSite” and set the value to "Disabled" for the following
- SameSite by default cookies
- Enable removing SameSite=None cookies
- Cookies without SameSite must be secure
- IMPORTANT Relaunch Chrome by clicking the Relaunch button (see bottom right of image below) and log into NetSuite and Gmail. After opening Gmail, refresh the page with your active NetSuite session.
- IMPORTANT - if you are using a Chromebook you must restart your entire computer
- If above did not solve your issue see "Still not working" below (but please make sure you have first clicked the 'Relaunch icon" - see bottom right of image below)/
Still not working?
If the above has not solved your issue then clear your browser cache, including cookies.
- Clearing all cookies is the simplest approach but also overkill.
- If you are concerned about losing important cookies you can instead enter chrome://settings/siteData in your browser and then search for NetSuite and only delete the NetSuite related cookies.
If you're still having trouble contact CloudExtend support by using the chat icon at the right or by emailing email@example.com.
If you're a techie and want to learn more visit this site -> https://www.chromium.org/updates/same-site.
Admins - Enable this for your org with Chromium Policies
As a system admin you may be able to modify this setting for all of your users with an administrative template using ADMX or Chrome Enterprise Policies.
In both cases set the SameSite value to 1 to enable legacy behavior.
CloudExtend is currently building a new version of the Gmail extension for release in mid 2021 that will no longer require an open NetSuite session.