Before you begin
📘 Before you move forward please see a list of known issues at the bottom of this article. This list will be updated during the beta.
- Users must have specific NetSuite permissions such as user access tokens and soap web services. Click here to learn more.
- A Microsoft 365 subscription is required to use the add-in.
- The CloudExtend bundle must be installed in your NetSuite account
- In order to use the scheduling component, the file must be saved on OneDrive for Business prior to creating a schedule (SharePoint support is around the corner)
Install the CloudExtend bundle
The CloudExtend app relies on the NetSuite bundle. Ask your NetSuite Admin to install the bundle by following the instructions here.
Install the App from AppSource
Installation from Microsoft AppSource can be done by end users or by Microsoft 365 admins.
- End users click on 'Get Add-Ins' from the ribbon in Excel (typically under insert) and search AppSource for CloudExtend
- Admins can install for one or more users simultaneously from their Microsoft 365 admin portal.
See the short video below for an overview of both installation processes.
To load the add-in:
- Open Excel and click the Data tab
- Click Analyze NetSuite Data. Note that the add-in opens at the right-hand side of the application window.
Logging in to CloudExtend Analytics for NetSuite
Sign in with Microsoft 365
1. Click Sign in with Microsoft at the bottom of the CloudExtend task pane.
2. Enter your Microsoft 365 user name and password (usually your email)
3. Review and accept the permissions.
Create your beta trial
Enter the details to finish signing up for the beta.
Connect your NetSuite account
After creating the trial you will connect to your NetSuite account.
1. Start by providing your NetSuite account number and follow the prompts to log in. Need help finding it?
2. Provide your consent.
Congrats! Now you are done with the login and all set to create your first report.
Creating your first report using NetSuite saved search
Note that CloudExtend supports NetSuite 'saved searches' and not NetSuite reports. When we refer to reports we are referring to saved searches you bring into Microsoft Excel for reporting.
1. Under the Create custom report section, click Start from Scratch (Dashboards are a feature that will come at a later date).
2. Click Add Report.
Note that the search window dialog opens. You may search for a NetSuite saved search using any of the methods below.
Key-value pair search
Under the Filter tab, search for a NetSuite saved search using internal ID, search ID, or name. By default, this option will appear.
Search using a list
Click the All tab and select saved searches.
Search using recent NetSuite saved searches
Click on the background of the pop-up window and select a saved search.
3. Select the saved search(es) you wish to run and click Add.
4. Click Next.
5. You may either click Add Schedule to schedule the report generation or click Skip to skip scheduling.
Prior to adding your schedule, you will need to save your file to OneDrive for Business (now) or SharePoint (coming soon). You can always add a report to a schedule later.
6. If setting up scheduled report generation, you may enter the schedule interval and frequency and click Next. For more information on scheduling, see Scheduling report generation.
7. You may preview records by clicking on the respective view icon.
8. Click Create. Note that the saved searches get populated in the Microsoft Excel Workbook.
Click the Schedule tab in the CloudExtend task pane.
To update schedules, click Assign Reports and drag and drop the reports from the schedule frames, e.g., moving a report from every hour frame to the unscheduled frame.
To create new schedules:
- Click New.
- Enter the schedule interval and frequency.
- Click Add.
Sharing your workbook with others
You may share your workbook with your colleagues. Once shared, your colleagues will be able to view all the sheets in the shared workbook with the latest data on it. However, your colleagues will not be able to change the schedule or re-run the report.
Only the Owner of the workbook is able to create/update the schedules for the given workbook or to re-run the report.
If the reports in a sheet fall under a particular schedule, then it will run in the background and will update the sheet with the latest data.
Formulas that reference the tables created are currently wiped out when the table refreshes (this does not affect pivot tables). We have a fix for this coming.
In order to run your searches on a schedule, the files must be accessible online, either on SharePoint or on OneDrive for Business. At present only OneDrive for Business is supported but SharePoint is coming soon.
The app is not yet working in sandbox accounts.
Update - April 8, 2021 - an update has been pushed to address the sandbox issues and users can now login to the sandbox.
The app does not yet support removing searches from the add-in. Coming real soon though.
Long search names and names with special characters
CloudExtend names the worksheet in your workbook using the name of your saved search. Excel has a limit of 30 characters and at present those searches are failing without warning because the sheet cannot be added. A fix for this is coming soon.
Searches with certain special characters such as / are also failing when we attempt to create the worksheet using the special character as part of the name. A fix for this is also coming soon.