Token Based Authentication (TBA) support
Users with an Enterprise Edition license can now sign in with Token Based Authentication (TBA).
- Tokens never expire therefore managing password is a non issue.
- Tokens can still be used for roles that require two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Learn how to implement TBA for your end users here.
Single Sign On (SSO) support
CloudExtend now offers support for SSO with the following IDP's
- Microsoft Azure AD
- Any other IDP that supports SAML 2.0
- To get started with SSO please file a support ticket here, reach out to us with the chat icon at the bottom right, or contact your CloudExtend Account Manager
Improvements to end user login experience
After a user enters their email address CloudExtend will look up the login methods their Admin has made available to them (such as TBA) and present them on the next screen. Users with TBA will be able to use a PIN to unlock their tokens and sign in.
NetSuite Administrators can set their desired authentication methods at subscriptions.cloudextend.io. Options include:
- Credentials based login (more of the same, user name, password).
- For an overview of the subscription portal see this article
We have optimized some Web Services calls to improve response time between Excel and NetSuite.