CloudExtend has launched a vastly superior login experience with general availability for Outlook users starting on December 19th, 2019 and general availability for Excel users coming shortly thereafter.
There is no action required for end users as their App should update within 1-5 days of the general availability date.
Learn how to install the preview builds
- The Outlook preview program has expired as the new App is live on December 19th
- Excel users can install the Preview build by following the instructions here.
New login flow overview
We're super excited 🎉 because the new flow now supports all NetSuite login flows out of the box without the administrative overhead of managing tokens.
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Single Sign On
Token Based Authentication
Note - tokens are now generated automatically without user intervention
- Basic User Credentials
NetSuite Account Number
In order to use the new login flow you will need your NetSuite Account Number. This can be located in the URL while you are logged in to NetSuite in a browser.
End User Permissions
- User Access Tokens - While not required (unless your organization uses Single Sign On) it is recommended that the role you login with has the 'User Access Tokens' permission. When your role has this permission the NetSuite login flow will automatically generate tokens on your behalf and log you in with token based authentication which can greatly reduce NetSuite concurrency issues.
Users without this permission will see an error when logging in (""You cannot continue this authorization flow. Your current role has insufficient permission. Please contact your account administrator." and will need to click the back button and login with basic credentials. Learn more here.
- Web Services - Web Services are required for the App to communicate with NetSuite post login
- If your organization uses Single Sign On (SSO) then your role already has SAML Single Sign On enabled. You must also then ensure the same role has 'User Access Tokens' (1) enabled.
Note that if you have SSO enabled for any of your roles you will not be able to login to roles that do not support SSO.
If you're not sure what any of this means don't worry about it, your Admin will understand and can help set this up. Click here to send them an email request or share this article with them.
Logging in for the first time consists of a few steps.
⚠️ - You will be logged out of your current NetSuite session the first time you login. Don't worry though, once logged in you'll be able to have both sessions active at the same time.
- Open the add-in and click 'Authenticate with NetSuite'
- Enter your NetSuite User Name
- Enter Your NetSuite Account Number
- The App will guide you through the remaining steps based on your NetSuite role.
Below you can see a role with 2-factor authentication logging in via the Outlook App. Excel has the same steps.