CloudExtend sends search requests to NetSuite as global searches in the same way that you would enter search criteria in the NetSuite UI. The results are then filtered based on criteria you have set in the App (see # 1 below).
🧲 The most common question we're asked is 'why don't customer records return in the auto search when a contact under that company is matched. Technically it's because we use NetSuite's global search and searching for an email will not return the parent customer record (try this yourself by entering an email address i NetSuite's global search box).
The good news is that anytime you save an email to a contact, and that contact has a parent company associated with it (customer, prospect etc.) it will AUTOMATICALLY roll up to the parent level. Learn more about email roll up here.
EXAMPLE: You receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and you want to associate it with the contact and customer records. You click on "Suggest related records" and the auto fetch pulls back the contact but no customer is pulled back. You do not need to go to the "Add more records button" at the bottom and search manually for the customer. The email will automatically save to the customer once you save it to the contact.
HUGE time saver!
Other troubleshooting steps
Try the following steps below. If you're still having trouble contact us using the chat icon below or email us at email@example.com.
- Log out of the app and back in. When logging back in be sure to choose a role that has access to the records you are searching for. If you're using a NetSuite OneWorld account be sure to check off the OneWorld box during login. Also cross check that you are logging into the proper account (sandbox, production, etc.) You can verify you have access by first searching for the records in the NetSuite UI using the global search box at the top (typically an email, transaction title, or transaction number). If you see results there then you should also be able to see them in CloudExtend Outlook.
- Make sure you have configured which records you want in your auto fetch results. More on that here. If you already have the correct records configured and CloudExtend is still not pulling back the expected results, proceed to the next troubleshooting tip.
- There may be too many records being returned in the results to be efficiently passed back to CloudExtend. For example, if the search is for the name Smith there may be too many results in the query to display. In such a case we recommend enabling our 'search by prefix' feature. Click here to learn how to enable it.
- If you create customers, contacts, or partners as 'Individuals' and your organization has a setting enabled 'show individuals as contacts' (your admin can check this at Home -> General Preferences) CloudExtend will only return the contact record in the auto search. The technical reason for this is that both records (the contact and the partner.vendor/customer) share the same internal ID and are really the same record. Don't worry though, because the records are actually the same any emails saved to the contact will also appear on the other record as well.
- If you are searching by a known NetSuite transaction number and no results are found check with your admin to make sure they have not enabled a NetSuite feature called "Global Search By Document Number Only". If they have enabled this then you can only search by document number.