CloudExtend sends search requests to NetSuite as global searches in the same way that you would enter search criteria in the NetSuite UI. The results are then filtered based on criteria you have set in the App (see # 1 below).
What to do when you don't see desired results
Try the following steps below. If you're still having trouble contact us using the chat icon below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure you have configured which records you want in your auto fetch results. More on that here. If you already have the correct records configured and CloudExtend is still not pulling back the expected results, proceed to the next troubleshooting tip.
- Login to your NetSuite account (www.netsuite.com) using the exact same role that you use to login to CloudExtend and enter the search criteria in the Global Search box at the top (typically an email, transaction title, or transaction number). If you see results there then you should also be able to see them in CloudExtend Outlook.
- Make sure you are logged into the correct NetSuite role via CloudExtend. We find that sometimes users are accidentally logged into a Sandbox Account or a role that does not have access to certain records. Log out of the App one time (click menu icon then logout) and log back in being sure to choose the correct NetSuite account number and role.
- There may be too many records being returned in the results to be efficiently passed back to CloudExtend. For example, if the search is for the name Smith there may be too many results in the query to display. In such a case we recommend enabling our 'search by prefix' feature. Click here to learn how to enable it.
- Ask your admin to check the settings at Home -> General Preferences. If the customer or lead record you are searching for is of type "Individual" and you have "show individuals as contacts" checked off then only the contact record would be returned. With this NetSuite setting, both the contact and the lead/customer are actually the same record and emails saved to the contact will also appear on the lead/customer record.
PRO TIP: Email Rollup
CloudExtend uses logic to pull back records. For example, a customer record is only going to pull back in the auto fetch if the email address of the sender or recipient is listed on the record (the customer record won't pull back simply if the email address of the contact is associated with that customer). Anytime you save an email to a contact, and that contact has a parent company associated with it (customer, prospect etc.) it will AUTOMATICALLY roll up to the parent level. Learn more about email roll up here.
EXAMPLE: You receive an email from email@example.com and you want to associate it with the contact and customer records. You click on "Suggest related records" and the auto fetch pulls back the contact but no customer is pulled back. You do not need to go to the "Add more records button" at the bottom and search manually for the customer. The email will automatically save to the customer once you save it to the contact.
HUGE time saver!